LETTERS – Lovely display at Sutton Bridge flower festival

The flower festival in St Matthew’s church in Sutton bridge looked lovely.
In 1825 a small four-sail windmill was built 200 yards south of the present position of Cross Keys Bridge.
The mill was owned by Guys hospital, in 1864 it was leased by George Prest and occupied by John Smart. By 1882 the miller was James Todkill, In 1903 the mill was demolished.

Julie Smart
by email

more >

Spalding to bid to be ‘UK Town of Culture’

16 Mar 2026

Man charged with fraud was part of financial meetings, court hears

16 Mar 2026

Thriving store to take on vacant Spalding town centre unit

16 Mar 2026

Jail for ‘dangerous’ stalker

13 Mar 2026

‘Capacity constraints’ to end hot-spot policing in Spalding as town board looks to other option

13 Mar 2026

Appeal for man wanted for thefts and supermarket assault

12 Mar 2026