Drink driver who drove away from police banned for second time

A 24-year-old Holbeach drink-driver has been banned from the roads for three years.

Connor Hart was sentenced at King’s Lynn Magistrates’ Court on Thursday for his second offence of
driving under the influence of drink or drugs.

He had previously been banned in December 2020.

The court heard that the latest offence happened in Lynn’s Norfolk Street on July 23.

Police saw him driving an Audi A4 at 3am.

“He has driven away from officers and was subsequently observed to park and exit the vehicle,” said
prosecutor Lily Orr. “CCTV has continued to monitor the defendant and he was located by officers.”

The court was told Hart had “bloodshot and watery eyes” and failed a roadside breath test.

Following arrest he blew 60 micrograms of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath. The legal limit is 35.

Checks showed he did not have a full licence and the car’s MOT had expired.

In interview, Hart, of Fleet Street, told police that he did not realise officers had been signalling for
him to pull over.

Solicitor George Sorrell said in mitigation that his client and a friend had been to a nightclub and
Hart was due to stay the night nearby.

“But he saw his car was parked in Norfolk Street and it was not a good place to leave it overnight. He
thought he would move it to a nearby car park, which is what he did.”

Mr Sorrell added: “He has an interest in a jet ski. I suggested that, despite his disqualification, he can
still use that on the water.”

Hart, who pleaded guilty to the three matters, can reduce his ban with completion of a drink-drive
rehabilitation course.

He was fined £250 and ordered to pay £105 costs and £100 victim surcharge.

There were no separate penalties for the licence and MOT offences.

more >

New music events for town

19 Feb 2026

Lorry driver jailed for causing collision that killed pensioner

19 Feb 2026

District council to put up its tax share by 3%

18 Feb 2026

All aboard new journey for station

18 Feb 2026

Blind date was a diamond

18 Feb 2026

Shaun’s 100km charity run

18 Feb 2026