Sixth juvenile charged with murder of Spalding man Warren Free

Detectives have charged a sixth juvenile with the murder of Spalding man Warren Free.

The boy, whose age has so far not been released by police, is due to appear at Lincoln Magistrates’ Court this morning and then Lincoln Crown Court later.

Police said: “Of the seven juveniles arrested in connection with Warren Free’s death, six have now been charged with murder, the remaining juvenile will have no further police action taken against him.”

Mr Free (42, pictured) was found unconscious with head wounds in his Coronation Close bungalow on August 28. He died the following day in hospital.

The five other juveniles charged with his murder – two girls of 15 and three boys aged 17, 15 and 14 – are next due to appear in court in February.

more >

Walker with brain tumour steps up

19 Aug 2026

Cheers to the ‘Prosecco lady’

19 Aug 2026

Friends look to break stigma over men’s mental health

19 Aug 2026

Developer allowed to drop health and education contributions, but authority told to look at ‘clawback clause’

19 Aug 2026

Friends are having a ball

19 Aug 2026

Next phase of Active Travel work in Spalding will see closure of Woolram Wygate

19 Aug 2026