Dexter set for second cut

An 11-year-old from Moulton is to cut his long locks off for charity for a second time.

Dexter Whenman previously raised £1,155 for the Little Princess Trust in 2019, enough for the charity to make three wigs out of his hair for kids with illnesses that might mean they lose theirs.

He’s grown it ever since to do it again and will undergo the chop on July 18 at Floyd’s Barbers in Long Sutton.

Mum Angela said: “As we left the barber in March 2019, he said he wanted to do it again and three years later, decided his last week of primary school was the target for the big chop.

“As well as three years of getting called ‘Miss’, there’s been the daily detangle and getting his hair stuck in the vacuum cleaner.”

Dexter has inspired his friend Ewan Lock, who is from Kent, to also take the cut on.

“We are so very proud of them for seeing this through,” Angela continued.

To donate to Dexter visit https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Dex-Whenman

more >

Two Spalding properties including former Royal Mail building searched as part of murder investigation

18 Aug 2026

Last Night of the Proms in Gedney Dyke

17 Aug 2026

French Connection and Rituals to open at Springfields

17 Aug 2026

Woman pretended to be carer to steal £125 from 89-year-old in his Long Sutton home

14 Aug 2026

Judge tells Spalding man to get help ahead of sentencing over cannabis find

14 Aug 2026

Football club’s education side nets a host of qualifications

14 Aug 2026