Many still without internet and landline after cable theft

There are reports some households affected by the theft of over 2km of cable face weeks of further disruption.

As reported last week, around 2,500 homes were left without internet or broadband following the theft of a cable in the early hours of Monday, January 19.

Openreach says the theft affected ‘the Moulton Chapel area’ though readers have said properties in Gedney Hill, Whaplode Drove and Shepeau Stow are also affected.

Coun Anthony Casson said he’d spoken to people who had been told it could be up to a month before services are returned fully.

An Openreach spokesman told The Voice that ‘over 2km’ of cable was stolen.

“We’re sorry for the continued disruption in the Moulton Chapel area,” the spokesman said. “Since the criminal damage occurred, our engineers have been working day and night to restore phone and broadband services, and we’re doing everything we can to get people reconnected as quickly and safely as possible.

“Our road closure is being put in place so our teams can work safely and without delays. We’ll make sure residents can access their homes at all times – we know it’s inconvenient, and we would avoid it if there were any other safe option.

“We’re grateful for everyone’s patience and understanding while we continue with this important work.”

more >

Jury fails to reach verdict on six sexual offences after finding man not guilty of three charges

16 Feb 2026

Consultation launched on creation of a parish or town council for Spalding

16 Feb 2026

Three year ban from nearly all Spalding shops for prolific thief.

16 Feb 2026

Appeal after teen using zebra crossing near school hit by car

13 Feb 2026

Sutton Bridge PlayZone plan granted planning permission

13 Feb 2026

Pinchbeck road closure could go on for longer than expected

13 Feb 2026