A Moulton pensioner who was convicted of sex offences against two young girls was today (Thursday) jailed for 11 years.
Stuart Wright, 72, must also serve an extended licence period of one year after his release from jail after a judge decided he was an offender of particular concern.
Wright, of Broad Lane, Moulton, was found guilty of two indecent assaults against one of the victims after a trial at Lincoln Crown Court in April.
Those offences occurred in the late 1990s.
Wright was also convicted of three offences against a second victim which happened two decades later.
They included one charge of attempted assault by penetration and two counts of sexual assault.
Personal impact statements from the two victims, who can not be named to protect their anonymity, were read out in court.
One of the victims described how her “world changed” after Wright was found guilty.
She told the court her night terrors had returned during the court process.
The second victim described how her life changed irrevocably.
“What he did to me affected me in so many ways I don’t understand,” she explained.
“I am so mad to be honest,” she added. “I hope he feels disgusted with himself.”
Leanne Summers, mitigating, told the court Wright had no previous convictions.
“I would submit this is a case where there was not a significant degree of planning,” Miss Summers argued.
“He is experiencing custody for the first time at the age of 72 and is therefore more vulnerable than others entering prison.”
Passing sentence Judge Catarina Sjolin-Knight told Wright both children had been warned not tell anyone what he had done.
Wright was also made the subject of a Sexual Harm Prevention Order and must register as a Sex Offender for the rest of his life.