Food fair is not going ahead

Holbeach’s annual Food Festival is unlikely to go ahead this year.

A post on social media site Facebook said that although scheduled for September 7, it will now not be held until next year.
“It has not been possible to secure the necessary grant funding for the 2025 event to go ahead,” says the post.
“The organisers hope the food festival will be able to return in 2026.”
Last year’s event proved to be a hit with visitors enjoying a range of options from stallholders.
Everything from a beer garden and bouncy castle were part of the family fun.
There was also a competition for ‘Lincolnshire’s strongest’ led by Royals Gym.
Around 50 trade stands were included in the retail area of the fair which included a range of street food suppliers.
Everything from Mexican to Jamaican cuisine was on offer to visitors.
The date of the food fair was changed from July to September during the pandemic.
There was no further information available at the time of going to press.

more >

Last Night of the Proms in Gedney Dyke

17 Aug 2026

French Connection and Rituals to open at Springfields

17 Aug 2026

Woman pretended to be carer to steal £125 from 89-year-old in his Long Sutton home

14 Aug 2026

Judge tells Spalding man to get help ahead of sentencing over cannabis find

14 Aug 2026

Football club’s education side nets a host of qualifications

14 Aug 2026

Rosie Heal & Adam Mussa-Beaumont & Elana Cox & Zara Thiara-Mahmood

Academy pupils post fine results

13 Aug 2026