County council say cost of new works to recently reopened junction already covered

The new work to the recently reopened A16 McDonald’s Springfields roundabout will be covered by existing Levelling Up money, Lincolnshire County Council says.

As reported last week, just months after re-opening following 14 months of work, new roadworks got underway on Monday.

Because lorries are driving over and damaging the existing new kerb, an additional row is to be put in over the next five weeks.

Drivers have reported delays due to the new work being carried out.

A spokesman for Lincolnshire County Council said: “The specific cost of this part of the works hasn’t been defined yet but funding comes under the allocation for identified risks like this – so it is covered in the Levelling Up Funding.”

It’s one of six junctions on the A16 being redeveloped thanks to £20m of funding provided by central government.

The spokesman also said that remedial work on Two Plank Bridge, which was closed for over two years before Christmas, had already been completed.

more >

Lorry driver jailed for causing collision that killed pensioner

19 Feb 2026

District council to put up its tax share by 3%

18 Feb 2026

All aboard new journey for station

18 Feb 2026

Blind date was a diamond

18 Feb 2026

Shaun’s 100km charity run

18 Feb 2026

Marathon is a family affair

18 Feb 2026