Council and police tightlipped over £20,000 refuse lorry crash

The cause of a crash which resulted in more than £20,000 of damage to a refuse lorry is not being made public.

The incident on September 23 last year saw the South Holland District Council vehicle ditch in Nene Terrace Road, Crowland.
Three crew members were injured, with one flown to hospital with serious injuries.

The council declined to disclose what caused the crash, but a spokesman said: “We can confirm that the lorry has been repaired and that staff involved in the incident are back at work.
“The cost to the council was just over £20,000, which was covered by insurance.”

And a spokesman for Lincolnshire Police said: “The matter has now been filed and there was no action taken against any individual.”

The force refused a request under the Freedom of Information Act for facts about the incident.
It said: “Releasing the requested information may have a negative impact on current ongoing investigations, which would lead to the police failing in their duties to protect the public and could put individuals at risk of harm.”

more >

Man (72) jailed for historic sex offences against young girls

21 May 2026

Six months of roadworks for £1.8m scheme to start in June

21 May 2026

Better transport needed to attract tourists

20 May 2026

Cycle challenge in honour of dad

20 May 2026

Lions mark 55 years in town

20 May 2026

Banking on future of visitor numbers

20 May 2026