Two jailed for attacking teenage boys

Two men who carried out an unprovoked attack on two teenage boys in Spalding were today (Friday) jailed at Lincoln Crown Court.

Piotr Majkut, 34, and Sebastian Sadowski, 32, were caught on CCTV as they repeatedly assaulted the two boys, aged 14 and 15, outside Aldi on St Thomas’s Road.

Footage played in court showed Sadowski starting the violence on May 24 by shoving one of the teenagers into the window of Aldi.

Piotr Majkut

Witnesses had described the two men behaving strangely and as if they were under the influence of either drink or drugs.

Lucia Harrington, prosecuting, said she counted 37 punches thrown by Sadowski to the head and upper chest area.

Miss Harrington told the court one of the boys was also pushed into the busy road.

The footage also showed Majkut wrestling and puching with one of the boys, and one of the teenagers having to run into the Aldi store for help.

Miss Harrington said kicks were also aimed at one of the boys and neither victim could have been mistaken for adult males.

The two teenagers suffered injuries including a black eye, grazing and a bloodied nose.

Victim impact statements were read out from the two teenagers who both said they were now reluctant to go into Spalding town centre. 

During interview Sadowski admitted he was shocked by the age of the victims. Majkut claimed he was helping his friend.

Sadowksi, of Aldrin Close, Spalding,  admitted one charge of attempted Section 18 grievous bodily harm and one charge of assault causing actual bodily harm. He was jailed for two years.

Majkut, of Winsover Road, Spalding, pleaded guilty to two charges of assault causing actual bodily harm. He was jailed for 16 months.

Sebastian Sadowski

Tom Heath, mitigating for both defendants, admitted: “Anyone watching the CCTV footage, including the defendants, can’t describe this as anything other than a horror show.”

Mr Heath said Sadowski came to the UK from Poland with his family in 2013 and worked hard as a paint sprayer.

“He had been to a barbecue and had drunk half a litre of vodka,” Mr Heath explained.

The court heard Majkut had no previous convictions.

“He came to this country at the age of nine and has been law abiding until this,” Mr Heath added.

Passing sentence Judge Catarina Sjolin Knight told both men “that they went berserk” after coming across the two teenagers outside Aldi.

“Both of you had been drinking. It is perhaps the reason for the incredible level of aggression,” Judge Sjolin Knight said.

“Remarakbly the injuries suffered by the boys were relatively minor,” Judge Sjolin Knight added. “But this was a completely unprovoked and prolonged attack by adult males who had been drinking on two teenage boys.”

more >

Two Spalding properties including former Royal Mail building searched as part of murder investigation

18 Aug 2026

Last Night of the Proms in Gedney Dyke

17 Aug 2026

French Connection and Rituals to open at Springfields

17 Aug 2026

Woman pretended to be carer to steal £125 from 89-year-old in his Long Sutton home

14 Aug 2026

Judge tells Spalding man to get help ahead of sentencing over cannabis find

14 Aug 2026

Football club’s education side nets a host of qualifications

14 Aug 2026