St Nic’s Players offer children chance to get into the theatre

Children are being given the chance to learn more about what the theatre has to offer by one of the country’s oldest amateur dramatic groups.

St Nicolas Players have written to around 50 schools across South Holland inviting pupils to see its latest production of Little Shop of Horrors and then take part in a question and answer session with cast and backstage crew.
Producer Alison Honeybun hopes the Aschools-only performance on Tuesday, October 20, will be a chance for youngsters to find out more about being involved in the theatre.
She said: “The event will give everyone an opportunity to ask questions about being on stage, back stage, or anything else; so whether its performing, lighting, sound, or scene and prop building, there will be someone to answer a question.
“Living in a predominantly rural area we know that lots of children do not experience what theatre can offer and we wanted to give them the opportunity.
“So far we have only heard back from one with a resounding yes as they themselves are putting Little Shop of Horrors on in February and said that it would be great for the children to experience the show before staging their own production.
“We are hoping we will get more schools coming forward to take part.”
Alison said the St Nicolas Players’ production of the Little Shop of Horrors is being done in a “never been seen before” style.
While paying homage to the original black and white 1960s film, the Players are also combining the 1980s remake and touring stage show too.
Alison added: “It’s a high energy, fun show and we hope that there’s lots of audience participation.”
Schools interested in attending the special show and Q&A can contact [email protected]

more >

Appeal after teen using zebra crossing near school hit by car

13 Feb 2026

Sutton Bridge PlayZone plan granted planning permission

13 Feb 2026

Pinchbeck road closure could go on for longer than expected

13 Feb 2026

Book into Spalding Library for half term or a costume change

12 Feb 2026

Man accused of historic sex offences tells court he had ‘no sexual interest’ until ‘later years’

12 Feb 2026

New group looks to put on events to mark BBQ67 anniversary

12 Feb 2026