McDonald’s staff tipped off police about drink driver

A second time drink-driver from Spalding was caught after a tip-off to police by McDonald’s staff.

Bruno Rodrigues (36) was then stopped in a Vauxhall Vectra in Holbeach Road, Spalding, at 2am on August 7, magistrates in Boston heard today (Wednesday).

He failed a roadside breath test and was arrested. A later evidential test gave a reading of 67 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath. The legal limit is 35.

Rodrigues, of Holyrood Walk, pleaded guilty to drink-driving and the court was told it was a second offence in ten years, triggering a minimum three-year ban.

The previous conviction was in January 2012. Mitigating, Helen Coney said Rodrigues had been out drinking with his partner and walked home, where he was assaulted.

“He was advised by the police to leave the property and the only option he had was to sleep in his car,” said Miss Coney. “Unfortunately he’s taken the decision to move the car and it was then that he was seen by the police.”

Rodrigues was disqualified from driving for 37 months, which can be reduced with successful completion of a drink-driver rehabilitation course. He was also fined £120 and told to pay £85 costs and £32 victim surcharge.

more >

Police appeal over cake theft

18 May 2026

Nursery firm says it’s out of administration

18 May 2026

Pinchbeck man admits Tongue End manslaughter

15 May 2026

Jury fails to reach verdicts on man accused of sexual assaults on child

15 May 2026

Councillors vow to tackle ‘barriers’ surrounding youth unemployment

14 May 2026

Council apologises and launches inquiry after waste collections missed

14 May 2026