Family ‘devastated’ by park assault

The family of a young man with learning disabilities who was injured in an assault last week have said how devastated they are at what happened.

The victim, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, was taken to hospital with injuries including bruises to his neck and arms and loosened teeth after the incident in a Holbeach park.

Police were also investigating allegations of a sexual assault involving the same victim at the same incident.

A 16-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of assault and sexual touching and has since been subsequently released by police on bail while enquiries continue.

“We as a family are devastated at the impact it has had on his confidence and trust in the world,” said the victim’s mum.

Police are also continuing their appeal for witnesses to the incident which happened on Tuesday, July 5 at around 7pm in Carter’s Park.

Any witnesses or anybody with information is asked to call 101 and quote incident 273 of July 6.
Information can also be given by email to [email protected] with incident 273 of July 6 in the subject line.

Anonymous information can also be given via the charity CrimeStoppers on 0800 555111 or via its website.

Initial reports suggested there had been a group of school age youths involved in the assault.

His family said some mums who had been in the park at the time with their children had intervened and asked them to contact police.

more >

Police appeal over cake theft

18 May 2026

Nursery firm says it’s out of administration

18 May 2026

Pinchbeck man admits Tongue End manslaughter

15 May 2026

Jury fails to reach verdicts on man accused of sexual assaults on child

15 May 2026

Councillors vow to tackle ‘barriers’ surrounding youth unemployment

14 May 2026

Council apologises and launches inquiry after waste collections missed

14 May 2026