Drink driver crashed through two fences

A repeat Holbeach drink-driver has been banned for three years after crashing in Gedney Dyke last month.

A Land Rover left Roman Bank and careered through two fences before coming to rest on the driveway of a house.

Prosecutor Shelley Wilson told Boston Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday that driver Joshua Swepstone (26) told police at the scene that he was doing 30mph when he lost control on a patch of ice at a corner.

In custody he blew 96 micrograms of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath, more than two-and-a-half times the limit of 35.

The court heard that nine years ago Swepstone, of Hix Close, had been banned for 20 months for drink-driving, triggering a mandatory minimum three-year ban for the latest conviction.

Helen Coney, mitigating, said: “He’s taken responsibility not only at the scene but has already repaired the items that were damaged.

“So he has already shown remorse and taken positive action towards putting things right.”

“He’s made a mistake on this particular day,” she added.

Swepstone, who pleaded guilty to drink-driving, was not given the chance to reduce the ban with a drink-driver rehabilitation course because he had benefited from that offer last time.

He was also ordered to do 100 hours of unpaid work and pay £199 in costs and victim surcharge.

more >

Two Spalding properties including former Royal Mail building searched as part of murder investigation

18 Aug 2026

Last Night of the Proms in Gedney Dyke

17 Aug 2026

French Connection and Rituals to open at Springfields

17 Aug 2026

Woman pretended to be carer to steal £125 from 89-year-old in his Long Sutton home

14 Aug 2026

Judge tells Spalding man to get help ahead of sentencing over cannabis find

14 Aug 2026

Football club’s education side nets a host of qualifications

14 Aug 2026