Car seized from disqualified driver pulled over for dirty windscreen

A driving while disqualified case against a Spalding resident was proved in his absence.

Andre Perras (41) did not attend Boston Magistrates’ Court as scheduled on Wednesday and a warrant for his arrest was issued following the outcome.

Prosecutor Paul Wood told the bench that PC Jack Craft spotted Perras driving a Mercedes with a frozen windscreen near the junction of Chestnut Avenue and Linden Court in Spalding.

It was about 10.15am on December 13 last year.

Perras, of Linden Court, then got out of the car and started scraping the windscreen.

Mr Wood said Perras handed the police officer a driving licence but checks showed he was disqualified until November 28, 2023, and therefore not insured either.

The car and the licence were seized.

Magistrates found the case proved and the arrest warrant was issued.

more >

Man (72) jailed for historic sex offences against young girls

21 May 2026

Six months of roadworks for £1.8m scheme to start in June

21 May 2026

Better transport needed to attract tourists

20 May 2026

Cycle challenge in honour of dad

20 May 2026

Lions mark 55 years in town

20 May 2026

Banking on future of visitor numbers

20 May 2026